About: Douglas Kucmerowski
Avid Change Advocate
Recent Posts by Douglas Kucmerowski
Two hundreds years ago, construction began on a 363-mile canal linking the Great Lakes to the Hudson River and New York City
It was an engineering and commercial triumph as revolutionary as the Internet in it's day.
But the Erie Canal was dismissed at first. New York politician DeWitt Clinton spent 10 years fighting to sell the...
An update on the Brockport Loop, a pedestrian skyway that will be built, to link Brockport College and the New York State Empire Trail
The selection has been made for the Architectural firm that will be handling the bridge design by the New York Power Authority, owners of the NY State Canal Corporation and it's assets...
It wasn't too long ago that the New York State Canal Corporation and parent, New York Power Authority (NYSCC & NYPA)
brought together hundreds of Canal Enthusiast from across the state and asked them to sit together to consider what the 21st Century Erie Canal should look like.
Around the state the NYSCC setup gathering sites...
Recent Comments by Douglas Kucmerowski
- May 4, 2021 on The most dangerous Erie Canal Dams are hiding in plain sight
- July 9, 2020 on The most dangerous Erie Canal Dams are hiding in plain sight
- May 6, 2020 on Village Reorganization is Really about New York State Government Reform
- April 6, 2020 on Fairport Village Tax Information – Street Level
- February 13, 2020 on Are Erie Canal Embankments actually Higher Risk Earthen Dams?